Change account settings
Tip What you see in your account may not match exactly what is shown in the following images. Links and settings options vary by account type. Editor account holders see fewer options than Publisher account holders.
You choose your account settings when you first sign up for your account. You can change your account settings at any time by opening the Account Settings form.
- To open the form, click Account Settings at the top right corner of the Trumba Connect editing environment.
In Account Settings:
- All account holders have access to basic settings, such as password, email address, and display name.
- All account holders can set calendar- and email-related options that customize their Trumba experiences.
- Publisher account holders with Primary or Administrator account status also have access to billing and credit card information and page view reports.
For explanations of specific account settings, see the list that follows the image.
- In addition to being part of your sign on credentials, your account email address is the address at which you receive calendar updates, event invitations, and other account-related messages.
- If you change your account email address, your new address automatically replaces the old one in other Trumba account holders' shared calendar lists, email distribution lists, and Address Books.
- If the new email address is already in use for actions, such as subscribing to a calendar or receiving some type of event notification, contact Trumba Support for assistance in freeing access to that address.
Your display name is the name that displays at the top of each calendar page. It's also the name that appears in shared calendar lists, calendar and event distribution lists, Address Books, and other account listings. If you change your display name, the new name replaces the old one in all of these locations.
- To change your password, click Change my password, and then type and confirm your new password.
- Time zone Your account time zone setting determines the default time zone for each calendar you create. You can change a calendar's default setting at any time.
You can select one or both of the time zone options to simultaneously change calendar time zones along with changes to your account time zone.
Note Changing a calendar's time zone changes the times of all the calendar's events. Learn more about time zones.
- Email options Click the link to opt out of receiving certain types of email messages generated by Trumba Connect.
- Calendar view options By default, in the Trumba Connect editing environment, when you switch from viewing calendar A to viewing calendar B, the date changes to the current day and the view (such as Day, Month, or List) switches to the view you last used for calendar B.
You can select one or both of the calendar view options to keep the date and view consistent when you switch calendars.
- Subscription type For most account types, this section is informational only.
The links outlined in red appear only in Publisher accounts that have Primary and/or Administrator status. Learn more.
Publisher account holders can click the links to go directly to account billing and calendar page view data.
For example, account holders who want to change the credit card number Trumba bills can click Edit my billing information.
- Security settings Personal account information that you submit to Trumba Connect is always protected by the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Selecting All web pages means that the SSL protocol also protects the calendar and event data that you submit when you're working in the Trumba Connect editing environment.
If your calendar data is private and not available to the public and you want to make sure it can't be intercepted, it's a good idea to select this option.