When you add new or update existing events, you can display icons with the events to alert calendar visitors that something has changed.
How calendar updates you make appear to visitors
How your Trumba® calendar updates appear to others depends on how they are viewing your calendar.
Published calendars You can choose whether or not to display new and updated event icons in your published calendar views.
You can turn on icons on a view-by-view basis and you can hide icons for individual event updates.
If you choose to display the icons, they remain on the events for three days. The first time a calendar is published, all events have new event icons.
Tip If you want to display update icons but you don't like the idea of all events being tagged as new, wait to turn on update icons until after you publish.
Emailed calendars If you send your calendar by regularly scheduled email, you can choose whether or not event updates will trigger additional mailings.
Tell me more about sending email updates in between regularly scheduled messages.
Tip If you share your calendar with other Trumba Connect users, the people you share it with see your changes in the Recent Activity panel when they display or mix in your calendar. Learn more about sharing.
Turn on update icons in calendar views
For any calendar view that supports update icons, you can set the icons to display when events are added or updated.
Tip Calendar views that DO NOT support update icons include Detail List-Date, Detail List-Description, Labeled List-Date, Labeled List-Description, Linear Grid, List by Month, Map, News, and Photo Events.
To turn on update icons in calendar views
- In the Trumba editing environment, display the calendar you published and click Publish.
- On the Calendar Spuds tab, in the Main Calendar Spud section, under Available Calendar Views, find the default view, and click Edit Settings & Styles.
- Where you find the option for displaying updates depends upon the calendar view you're customizing. For Classic Table and List views, click the Events tab. For all other views, stay on the Settings tab.
In the Display Settings section, for Display updates, select Yes.
- Click OK.
- Repeat the previous step for each view that supports update icons.
Turn off update icons for individual events
Even if you generally want update icons to display on your published calendars, you can turn off icons for individual events.
For example, if you just correct a misspelling, you might not want to draw attention to the corrected event with an icon. The correction itself still appears in the calendar.
To turn off update icons for an event
- In the editing environment, make your published calendar active, and then open the event you want to update.
- In the Edit event form, update the event.
- At the bottom of the form, find the Send updates for section.
If you updated the event's description, location, time, or notes, the corresponding check boxes are selected.
- Clear selections.
- Click OK.
- To confirm that no update icon shows up on your published calendar, click the Published at link at the top of the calendar you're editing.
What the update icons look like
In the following table, you can see what the update icons look like for each type of update you make.
If you prefer to replace the update icons with your own custom icons, you can. Learn more.
Update icons and what they indicate
Tip You can hover over the exclamation point () or clock () symbol to open a tool tip that tells you who updated the event and when.