When your event requires registration, cancellations can happen, whether before the registration deadline or after.
You can decide how refunds are issued during the active registration period—that is, before the deadline for registering, which you set as
the Response deadline in Trumba.
Refund options include:
- Enabling automatic refunds during the active registration period, to allow attendees to cancel (and even re-register)
- Issuing refunds manually if you do not want to allow automatic refunds, or if you need to issue a refund
after the registration deadline.
Enabling automatic self-serve refunds
This is a low-maintenance way to enable attendees to manage their own registration status during the registration period.
To enable self-serve refunds
- Open your event for editing
- On the Event Registration tab of the event-editing form, select the Allow self serve refunds check-box.
When you offer the self-serve refund:
- The attendee can open the original registration-confirmation email and click Cancel Registration.
- The Trumba Event Actions window opens, where they can cancel the event.
- When the attendee cancels the event, the refund process is triggered automatically, and email notification is sent to you and the attendee.
If an attendee cancels before the response deadline, the email notification includes the option to re-register.
Issuing refunds and cancellations manually
If a situation occurs that warrants a refund after the registration deadline has past, you need to use the hands-on process. For example, you
might need to cancel an event for which the minimum number of attendees is not met, and send a refund to those who did sign up.
In addition, you can choose to trigger the manual process for all refunds. For example, if your event is small, you might want to have contact with all
attendees when they change registration status.
To issue a refund manually
On the Event Registration tab of the event-editing form, do one of the following:
- Click Edit to open the Trumba Event Actions window and click Cancel and Issue Refund.
This option assumes that the person will not attend the event.
- Click Refund/Uninvite to open a popup window, where you select a refund condition and whether to send email notification.
This option lists three refund conditions, and the refund is independent of attendance:
- Issue refund, not attending: a standard scenario during the active registration period. After the deadline, select this if you need
to cancel an event for lack of registrants, or a registered attendee can no longer attend due to circumstances that you decide warrant a refund.
- Issue refund, attending: a registered attendee will attend, but a situation occurs that can be resolved by
offering a refund.
- No refund, not attending: a standard scenario where the attendee cancels after the registration deadline,
or other applicable situation.