What you can learn in this topic
Note A repeating event that includes several events in one series is treated as single event in this topic.
I want to know more about creating and updating repeating events.
What updates you can make to which events
For any event that you can see on your Trumba® calendar, you can update:
- Which other calendars you want to display the event on.
For events that you created or can edit, you can also update:
- Event template.
- Event description and location.
- The time and date the event takes place.
- Notes about the event.
- The date on which a repeating event ends.
Tip You can't update the recurrence pattern for a repeating event. If you want to change the pattern, delete the repeating event and create a new one.
How to update a single event
- Click the event title to open the Event Information form.
- Make the changes you want, and then click:
- OK, if the event is not a repeating event.
- This and all future events in the series and then click OK, if the event repeats and you want the changes to apply to all future events.
- \Only this event and then click OK, if the event repeats and you want the changes to apply to only this single event in the series.
How to update several events at the same time
To save time, you can shift the start time and change the calendars events appear on for several events at once. To shift an event's start time, you must have created the event or have edit rights to it.
- In the calendar list, click the title of the calendar that includes events that you want to update.
Tip If you also want to update events that appear on other calendars, select the check box to the left of those calendars to mix them in to the displayed calendar.
- Click List above the calendar to see the events in list view.
- In the list, select the check boxes next to the events that you want to update.
- To select a range of events, click the first event, press SHIFT, and then click the last event.
- To select all the displayed events, in the action panel above the list, for Select, click All.
- In the drop down list, select:
- Shift time by to change the start time of the selected events. Type the number of hours.
Tip To start events at an earlier time, use a minus sign. For example, to start events two hours earlier, type -2, with no spaces.
- Add events to to add the events to another calendar in your account. In the calendar drop down list that appears, choose the calendar to which you want to add the events.
- Click Go.
Tip If you have a large number of events on your calendar, they won't all display in List view at one time. Use the navigation arrows at the top of the calendar to view more events.
Important tips about updating events
- If you change Event template, you might also change the fields associated with the type. Fields from the original type that contain information carry over into the new type, even if the new type doesn't include the field by default. If you don't want the old field included with the new event template, delete the information in the field before you change the template.
- If an event on your calendar was created in another calendar, and the calendar owner updates the event, the part of the event that was changed is marked. For example, a dashed underline might appear on the location.
- If you share, publish, or email calendars, changes you make in those calendars appear as updates to people viewing the calendar. For more information, see Recent Activity panel and Send calendar email updates.