View multiple calendars
On the left side of the Trumba® Connect window, the Other Calendars, Current Publication, and Current Calendar lists show you:
- Calendars or subcalendars that you created (including calendars that you publish from iCal or have imported).
- Calendars that other Trumba account holders have shared with you.
You can combine any of the calendars in the calendar lists into one view by mixing calendars. Mixing calendars into others enables you to see multiple calendars in one view, but continue to work with calendars, or categories of events, as individual units.
Mix in a calendar for editing purposes
When you mix a calendar into the one you're currently viewing, the mixed-in calendar's events appear along with events that are owned by the current calendar. Events are color coded so that the event color matches the color behind the calendar name in the calendar lists on the left side of the calendar workspace. Each mixed-in calendar remains independent, and you can remove a mixed-in calendar from the current view just as easily as you add it.
Tip This topic describes how to mix calendars in your editing environment. This does not affect the way your published calendars are mixed together. You mix calendars into the calendar you publish in the Publishing Settings page.
To mix in a calendar in the Trumba editing environment
- In the calendar list, click the title of the calendar into which you want to mix another, just to confirm that it is the current calendar in view. Bold text indicates the active calendar.
Tip When a calendar is active, the color across the top of the Trumba editing environment matches the calendar color in the calendar list.
- In the calendar list, select the check box next to the calendar you want to mix into the current calendar.
Note If you click the title of the calendar instead of the check box, and the calendar is one that you can edit, that calendar becomes the active calendar. Be sure to click only the check box, not the calendar name, if you just want to mix in the calendar.
When you select the check box, the events from that calendar appear with the active calendar's events.
- To hide the events, click to clear the calendar's check box in the calendar list.
Add events from a mixed-in calendar to the active calendar
When you mix in a calendar, all of the mixed-in calendar's events appear with the active calendar's events. If only a few of the mixed-in calendar's events are of interest to you, you can add those events to the active calendar.
To add an event from a mixed-in calendar to the active calendar
- Display the calendar you want to add the event to and mix the other calendar into it.
- Navigate to the event you want to add from the mix-in to the current calendar.
- Do one of the following:
- On the event, click the arrow () and choose Add to Active calendar name.
- Click the event title to open it in the Event form, and, in the upper-right area of the form, for Also Shows On, select the current calendar from the drop-down list.
If you decide that you do not want to mix in the calendar from which you added the event, the event you added remains visible on the active calendar. In addition, you can click it to edit it or add it to other calendars that you created.
I'd like a more detailed discussion of Also Shows On versus mixing in.
Hide and display calendars in the calendar list
From the calendar list, you can hide unpublished calendars that you created, imported, or that are shared with you. You can also select unpublished calendars you want to hide using the Manage Your Calendars page.
Calendars you can't hide:
To hide a calendar
- To hide an unpublished calendar, in the Other Calendars list, click the arrow () to the right of the calendar name and select Hide Calendar.
To display or hide multiple calendars
- On the left side of the Trumba Connect window, under Calendar Tasks, click Manage your calendars.
- Click the arrow (), next to the name of an unpublished calendar that you want to hide, and choose Hide Calendar.
The word "Hidden" appears next to the calendar.
- Click the button to return to your calendar.
To display the calendar again, navigate to the Manage Calendars page again, click the arrow next to the calendar, and this time choose Show Calendar.