Event Actions options
In every Trumba® calendar you publish, the events are active. This means that visitors to your calendar can take actions with those events.
For example, they can add the events to their personal calendars, set up event reminders, request email updates if events change, subscribe to calendar updates, and more.
What are event and calendar actions?
If you're an existing Trumba customer, you now have two options for how you offer event and calendar actions to visitors:
- You can stick with Event Actions Classic, which is the way event and calendar actions have worked up to now.
- Or, you can improve the event actions experience by enabling the New Event Actions.
If you're a new customer who is implementing Trumba for the first time, the New Event Actions is automatically enabled.
How does the New Event Actions improve the event actions experience?
The New Event Actions improves the event actions experience in the following ways:
- Improved event actions environment Visitors who interact with your calendars to set reminders, add events to their personal calendars, and more open an environment that is cleaner and easier to use. Action help is integrated fully into the environment so visitors get answers without leaving the view they're on.
- Visitor accounts Visitors to your published calendars have the option to create visitor accounts. When account holders take event and calendar actions, they automatically save the events and calendars to lists they can view and manage.
Tell me more about visitor accounts.
- Event Actions web app Saved event and calendar lists are accessible through a responsive Event Actions web app that works well and looks great on any device. No downloads or installations required.
Tell me more about the web app.
- More efficient actions By saving preferences and personal information to their web app profiles, account holders save time when taking event actions.
- Event registration If you offer events that require registration, registrants with visitor accounts can access their My Events lists to see and update their registration status.
I'd like more information about event registration.
- Event submission If you support event submission, submitters with visitor accounts can access My Submissions lists to track the status of and manage their submissions.
I'd like more information about event submission.
How do I start using the New Event Actions
If you're a new Trumba customer in the process of or about to implement your calendars, the New Event Actions is automatically enabled.
We're also offering existing Trumba customers the opportunity to enable the New Event Actions. If you would like to use the new version, please contact your Customer Service representative.
NOTE As an existing customer, you will have the opportunity to experiment with the new event actions features before they go live on your published calendars.
The New Event Actions is enabled at an organization (customer) level. Publishers with administrative privileges can customize the Event Actions web app and the visitor account experience. Your custom settings apply to all published calendars created in your organization's publisher accounts.
I'd like more information about administrative privileges.
I'd like to get started customizing. Please show me the steps.