Main calendar views
Customizing calendar views means setting the way the main calendar spud looks and behaves on the webpage where it's published.
The main calendar spud is unique in that it displays the calendar itself and event details that appear when you click an event description in the calendar or other spud. You can learn how to select and customize event detail views in another topic.
What you'll learn here
I want to publish a different view of the same calendar on another website page. Do I have to create a whole new calendar?
Add, remove and reorder alternate calendar views
Every published calendar has a default view that you select when you first publish the calendar.
With the main calendar spud, you aren't restricted to a single view. You can select alternate views, and then give calendar visitors the option to switch between views to find the one that best meets their needs.
With the main calendar spud, you aren't restricted to just one calendar view
- While you can add as many alternate views as you want, three to five view options satisfies the needs of most calendar visitors.
- To support view switching, place a View Chooser control spud on the page that contains the main calendar spud.
I'd like more information about control spuds in general and the View Chooser spud in particular.
Calendar visitors use the View Chooser control spud (Tabbed View Chooser shown above the main calendar here) to switch between views.
To add alternate views
- In the Publishing Control Panel, on the Calendar Spuds tab, in the Main Calendar Spud title bar, click Add a Calendar View.
- In the Add Calendar View page, select the view you want and click OK.
- In the Publishing Control Panel, you can now edit the view's styles and settings.
Click links at the bottom of calendar view descriptions to edit settings and more.
- You can remove alternate calendar views at any time. In the Publishing Control Panel, on the Calendar Spuds tab under Available Calendar Views, find the view you want to remove. In the bottom right corner of the view description, click Remove.
- To quickly change calendar view order, on the Calendar Spuds tab, find the view you want to move, and then click the up or down arrow located next to Set as Default in the upper right corner of the view box.
Change the default main calendar view
If you've added alternate views for a main calendar spud, you can change which view is the default at any time.
To change the default view
- In your Trumba account, display your calendar and click Publish to open the Publishing Control Panel.
- On the Calendar Spuds tab, under Available Calendar Views, find the view you want to set as the default.
- Click Set as Default in the upper right corner of the view description.
Clicking to set an alternate view as the default
Customize main calendar views
After you provide alternate views of your main calendar spud, you can customize each view individually to behave and look the way you want.
Are there global settings somewhere so I don't have to set the same styles for a bunch of different views?
Each view has two categories of customization:
- Settings that affect calendar behavior
- Local style settings for an individual view
For help with these settings, click the green Help buttons () where you see them in the settings forms.
To set the behavior and styles of a calendar view
- In the Publishing Control Panel, on the Calendar Spuds tab in the Main Calendar Spud section, under Available Calendar Views, find the view you want to customize.
- At the bottom left of the view description, click Edit Settings & Styles.
- On the Edit Settings page, the tabs you see depend upon the calendar view you're customizing.
- List and Classic Table views: General Settings and Events: Default Layout tabs.
For these views, you find both behavior and style settings on each tab.
Tip These views are unique because you have more options for how events are organized and displayed. For example, you can use these views to feature high visibility events.
Tell me more about featuring events.
- All other views: Behavior and style settings each have their own tabs: Settings and Styles.
- On each tab, set the options you want.
I need a whole lot more information before I can possibly select my style preferences.
Related information that might help you decide which behavior settings you want:
- As you experiment with settings, preview them by clicking Preview at the bottom of the forms.
- When you're comfortable with how the calendar view behaves and looks, click OK.