This topic covers the basic methods for adding events to your Trumba® calendars, including:
For more information about the following types of events, go to:
Adding a single event
How you add an event can differ, depending on the current view.
How to add an event
- Select the calendar to which you want to add an event. (When a calendar is selected, its name turns bold, and a black check mark appears in its check box.)
- Open the Add Event form, using one of the following methods:
- On the Add an Event to [calendar name] page, on the Event Information tab, choose the template you want to use, if available. (If the calendar has only one template, it's selected by default.)
The Event Information tab reflects the fields available for the selected event template.
Please tell me more about event templates
- Type a title and location (and add a map link if you want).
- Select the start date and time.
Tip To create an event with no end time, set the Duration to 0.
- In the Event image field, you can add an image to the event. For more information, go to Add Images to Events.
- For Description, provide additional information about the event.
The Description field has a toolbar at the top. What is it for?
- For the optional Web link field, you can type the address (URL) of a website where viewers can find additional or related information.
- Populate any remaining fields, as appropriate.
- You may see a section on the right, Also Shows On. If so, you can select the additional calendars to which you want to add the event.
- Click OK to save your changes and return to your calendar.
Return to top
Adding events from one calendar to another
You can add an event you create on one calendar to any other calendar, as long as it's been shared with you with the appropriate permissions. For more information, go to About Sharing Calendars.
The event continues to be owned by the calendar where it was created, but appears on both calendars.
Adding events from one calendar to another is most helpful in the following scenarios:
- You want to include the SAME event, rather than a duplicate of the event, on both calendars.
If you want to create an independent, separate event, which can be edited separately from the original event, you should copy (not add) the event to the other calendar. For more information, go to Copy Events.
- You want only selected events from the parent calendar to also appear on another calendar, rather than all of the events.
If you want ALL of the events from one calendar to appear on another calendar, it's best to "mix in" the entire calendar. For more information, go to Mix-ins, Paging, and Grouping.
- You want to also publish the selected events to the publish path (URL) associated with the other calendar. For more information, go to Publish Calendars.
- You want to share the selected events for editing with someone else who has access and appropriate permissions on the other calendar, but not the parent calendar. For more information, go to About Sharing Calendars.
Add a single event from one calendar to another
If you have the appropriate sharing permissions for a calendar, you can use the Also Shows On feature to add single events from one calendar to another. For more information, go to Also Shows On vs. Mixing In.
- Add a new event, or open an event for editing.
- In the Also Shows On section on the right (if you have the appropriate permissions to display it), select the additional calendars to which you want to add the event.
Add multiple events from one calendar to another in List view
When you want to add more than one event from one calendar to another, it's quickest to use List view.
- Open the calendar that holds the events you want to add to another calendar.
- Click List above the calendar to see the events in List view.
- In the event list, select the check boxes next to the events that you want to add to another calendar.
- In the drop-down list, select Add events to [calendar name].
- In the second drop-down list that appears, select the name of the calendar you want the events added to, and then click Go.
Tip To remove multiple events all at once, repeat the first two steps in the procedure above, select Remove events from [calendar name] in step 3, and then click Go.
To remove an event from another calendar
If you have the appropriate permissions, you can also use the Also Shows On feature to remove single events from another calendar.
- Open an event for editing.
- In the Also Shows On section on the right (if you have the appropriate permissions to display it), deselect the calendars from which you want to remove the event.
You can also use the drop-down menu on an event (which has previously been added to the current calendar) to remove it.
- Click the arrow to the left of an event title, and then on the drop-down menu, click the command to remove the event from the currently-displayed calendar.
Return to top
Adding events from a calendar created in another program
You can add events from calendars created in programs such as Outlook, iCal, Google, or Yahoo! to a calendar you create in Trumba Connect by exporting the events from the other calendar program, and then importing them into Trumba Connect.
Please tell me how to import events into Trumba Connect.
Return to top